The global pandemic has hit hard most people in Myanmar and we’re committed to lessening their financial burden from the crisis, supporting and making their lives better in these trying times. We at Manulife Myanmar are providing free additional COVID-19 benefits to our customers for a limited time period.
The campaign period is extended to May 31, 2022.
1. Do I need to pay additional premium for this benefit?
No, this special benefit is the free additional coverage for you to lessen your worries about the potential financial burden from Covid-19 infection.
2. How long can I get the free additional coverage?
You can check the updated offer period on the website and brochures.
3. How will I be paid for ICU or death benefit during the same course of infection if diagnosis benefit has been paid out?
You will be paid the remaining amount after deducting the prior benefit payout during the same course of infection.
4. Can I claim the benefits for the 2nd time infection?
No, if any benefit has been claimed for one course of infection, the benefits cannot be claimed for the 2nd time.
5. Who is eligible for this benefit?
Only policy life insured is eligible for this benefit.
6. How will I be paid for the benefit amount if I own more than one policy?
You will be paid as specified % of total face amount of your policies subject to specified maximum limits. The specified maximum limit per benefit does not change regardless of the number of policies. (Note: because Manulife CI Care is a rider, Manulife Protector and Manulife CI Care bundle counts as one policy and its face amount is that of Manulife Protector)
7. Can I claim with COVID-19 self-test kit result only?
No, you cannot claim with the COVID-19 self-test kit result.
8. Can I claim COVID-19 benefits immediately after the policy is issued?
The benefit will be payable if the life insured is diagnosed with COVID-19, either 14 days after policy issue date or effective date, whichever is later.
The campaign period is until May 31, 2022 and subject to terms and conditions as below.
A) The policy life insured by Manulife Myanmar who have been diagnosed, hospitalized in ICU or died due to COVID-19 infection during the covered period are eligible for COVID-19 benefits at no additional costs.
B) The COVID-19 benefits are payable only if:
1) Diagnosed for 14 days after policy issued date or policy effective date (whichever is later).
2) The life insured will only be entitled to a one-time payment of COVID-19 diagnosis, one-time payment of ICU hospitalization and one-time payment of death benefit regardless of the number of policies held. All benefits are for one-time payment only under any circumstances. There will be no second payment if reinfected with COVID-19.
3) The life insured or life insured’s legal representative must at his/her own expense, within ninety (90) days from the date of diagnosis or death, notify Manulife Myanmar and give written proof of such claim. Such proof includes written proof of test result confirming COVID-19 infection, duration of hospitalization, duration of hospitalization in ICU unit, and death certification (where applicable) certified by a registered medical practitioner in Myanmar.
4) Benefits Requirement of COVID-19 benefits include i) COVID-19 is diagnosed and admitted to hospital treatment by COVID-19 Hospital (Gov) or government - authorized COVID-19 treatment center and ii) confirmed by local authority (i.e. Ministry of Health and Sport).
i) Medical Report for COVID-19 Patient (Requirements).
a. From attending specialist doctor from COVID-19 Hospital (Gov) or government-authorized COVID-19 treatment center.
b. Patient name, DOB/age, address.
c. Diagnosis and status of hospitalization (e.g. the patient is hospitalized due to COVID-19/* disease and admitted as In-Patient for* days and/or in the ICU for *Days in* hospital).
d. Attending specialist’s name, rank, date of report, name’s stamp chop.
e. Letterhead of hospital (optional).
f. Receipt (if there are any charges for hospitalization).
5) We, at Manulife Myanmar, shall at its own absolute discretion vary these Terms and Conditions without prior notice.