The global pandemic has hit hard most people in Myanmar and we’re committed to lessening their financial burden from the crisis, supporting and making their lives better in these trying times. We at Manulife Myanmar are providing free additional COVID-19 benefits to our customers for a limited time period.
The campaign period is extended to until October 31, 2022.
1. Do I need to pay additional premium for this benefit?
No, this special benefit is the free additional coverage for you to lessen your worries about the potential financial burden from Covid-19 infection.
2. How long can I get the free additional coverage?
You can check the updated offer period on the website and brochures.
3. How will Death Benefit be paid during the same course of infection if ICU benefit has been paid out?
The remaining amount after deducting the ICU benefit payout will be paid as Death Benefit during the same course of infection.
4. Can I claim the benefits for the 2nd time infection?
No, if any benefit has been claimed for one course of infection, the benefits cannot be claimed for the 2nd time.
5. Who is eligible for this benefit?
Only policy life insured is eligible for this benefit.
6. How will I be paid for the benefit amount if I own more than one policy?
You will be paid as specified % of total face amount of your policies subject to specified maximum limits. The specified maximum limit per benefit does not change regardless of the number of policies. (Note: because Manulife CI Care is a rider, Manulife Protector and Manulife CI Care bundle counts as one policy and its face amount is that of Manulife Protector)
7. Can I claim with COVID-19 self-test kit result only?
No, you cannot claim with the COVID-19 self-test kit result.
8. Can I claim COVID-19 benefits immediately after the policy is issued?
The benefit will be payable if the life insured is diagnosed with COVID-19, either 14 days after policy issue date or effective date, whichever is later.
The campaign period is until October 31, 2022 and subject to terms and conditions as below.
A) The policy life insureds by Manulife Myanmar who have been hospitalized in ICU or died due to COVID-19 infection during the covered period are eligible for COVID-19 benefits at no additional costs.
B) Only policy life insured is eligible for this benefit.
C) Benefit is paid only if diagnosed and treated in a government hospital or government authorized COVID-19 treatment center/hospital for COVID-19.
D) waiting period of 14 days for the COVID-19 benefit and pre-existing condition applies. The benefit will be payable if the life insured is diagnosed with COVID-19, either 14 days after policy issue date or effective date, whichever is later.
E) The life insured will only be entitled to a one-time payment of ICU hospitalization and one-time payment of death benefit (less ICU benefit paid out, if any) regardless of the number of policies held. All benefits are for one-time payment only under any circumstances. There will be no second payment if reinfected with COVID-19.
F) The life insured, or life insured’s legal representative must at his/her own expense, within ninety (90) days from the date of hospitalization in ICU or death, notify Manulife Myanmar and give written proof of such claim. Such proof includes written proof of test result confirming COVID-19 infection, duration of hospitalization, duration of hospitalization in ICU unit, and death certification (where applicable) certified by a registered medical practitioner in Myanmar.
G) Medical Report for COVID-19 Patient (Requirements).
• From attending specialist doctor from COVID-19 Hospital (Gov) or government-authorized COVID-19 treatment center/hospital.
• Patient name, DOB/age, address.
• Diagnosis and status of hospitalization (e.g., the patient is hospitalized due to COVID-19 disease in the ICU for * days)
*exact number of days to be filled out during claims
• Attending specialist’s name, rank, date of report, name’s stamp chop.
• Letter head of hospital (optional).
• Receipt (if there are any charges for hospitalization).
H) We, at Manulife Myanmar, shall at its own absolute discretion vary these Terms and Conditions without prior notice.