Additional benefit coverage for the diagnosis, hospitalization (ICU) and death of the life insured who may be infected by COVID-19.
The global pandemic has hit hard most Myanmar families and we're committed to supporting and making your lives better in these trying times. To lessen your worries about the potential financial burden of the crisis, we are providing additional COVID-19 benefits that can financially protect you and your family.
The Campaign period is extended to March 31, 2021.
The campaign period is from June 15, 2020 to March 31, 2021, and subject to terms and conditions below.
A) The policy life insured by Manulife Myanmar who have been diagnosed, hospitalized in ICU or died due to COVID-19 infection during the covered period are eligible for COVID-19 benefits at no additional costs.
B) The COVID-19 benefits are payable only if:
1) Diagnosed for 14 days after the policy issued date or policy effective date (whichever is later).
2) The life insured will only be entitled to a one-time payment of COVID-19 diagnosis (for up to four per family), one-time payment of ICU hospitalization and a one-time payment of death benefit regardless of the number of policies held.
3) The life insured or life insured’s legal representative must at his/her own expense, within ninety (90) days from the date of diagnosis or death, notify Manulife Myanmar and give written proof of such claim. Such proof includes written proof of test result confirming COVID-19 infection, duration of hospitalization, duration of hospitalization in ICU unit, and death certification (where applicable) certified by a registered medical practitioner in Myanmar.
4) Benefits Requirement of COVID-19 benefits include i) COVID-19 is diagnosed and admitted to hospital treatment by COVID-19 Hospital (Gov) or government - authorized COVID-19 treatment center and ii) confirmed by local authority (i.e. Ministry of Health and Sport)
.i) Medical Report for COVID-19 Patient (Requirements).
a. From attending specialist doctor from COVID-19 Hospital (Gov) or government-authorized COVID-19 treatment center.
b. Patient name, DOB/age, address.
c. Diagnosis and status of hospitalization (e.g. the patient is hospitalized due to COVID-19/* disease and admitted as In-Patient for* days and/or in the ICU for *Days in* hospital).
d. Attending specialist’s name, rank, date of report, name’s stamp chop.
e. Letter head of hospital (optional).
f. Receipt (if there are any charges for hospitalization).
5) We, at Manulife Myanmar, shall at its own absolute discretion vary these Terms and Conditions without prior notice.