At Manulife Myanmar Life Insurance Company Limited (“Manulife Myanmar”), a subsidiary of Manulife Financial, we are committed to providing our customers with strong, reliable, trustworthy and forward-thinking solutions for their most significant financial decisions. That commitment includes protecting privacy of all the personal information in our care. Therefore, we have established this Statement of Corporate Privacy Principles to govern how we collect, use, retain and disclose personal information. In handling customer and employee personal information, we abide by the following principles:
Information we collect
- We collect personal information directly from you and various sources in fair and legal ways
- The information we collect about you depends on our relationship with you, but may include your name, contact information, information about how you use our products and services, and information about your preferences, demographics, and interests.
- We only collect information that is required for, or related to, providing products and services, conducting business and better understanding your needs.
- For online visitors, we may collect information such as your IP address, the type of your operating system, the time and duration of your visit to our sites, Internet locations you came from, and the web pages you visit within our sites in order to track usage and improve our websites and to improve your experience. For more information, review our Online Privacy Statement
How we use Personal Information
- We only use or disclose your personal information for the reasons it’s collected, for other purposes you consent to, or when it is required or allowed by law. This may include sharing personal information with reinsurers, with our Insurance Advisors or representatives or with our service providers. In some cases, and where allowed by law, your personal information may be provided to these people, organizations, service providers and Manulife employees in jurisdictions other than where it was collected and would therefore be subject to the laws of those jurisdictions. We will not share your personal information, without your consent, with any organization outside our group of companies for the purpose of that organization marketing its products or services to you.
- In some cases, and where allowed by law, we may share your information within the Manulife group of companies in order to provide you with offers for other products or services. You may opt out of receiving those offers.
- We may analyze your information to better understand your needs and what products, services, and promotions may be of interest to you.
- We will keep your personal information only as long as needed to satisfy the purposes for which it was collected or as required or allowed by law.
- We aim to keep our records of your personal information as accurate and up to date as is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it is used.
- We will protect personal information with security safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the information, in order to protect it from unauthorized access, release, modification or use.
- We are responsible for personal information in our possession, including information transferred to service providers who perform duties on our behalf. When we share personal information with our service providers, they must protect it in ways that are consistent with our privacy policies and practices.
Our Privacy Commitment
- We are committed to handling the personal information under our control with care. We have designated individuals who are responsible for monitoring our ongoing compliance with these Corporate Privacy Principles.
- We will make information about our privacy policies and practices for managing your personal information available to you.
Upon your written request, we will provide you with reasonable access to your personal information and a description of its use or disclosure, as required or permitted by law. You may also verify the accuracy and completeness of your information, and request that it be amended or deleted, if appropriate or permitted by law.